Sunday 25 January 2015

Finding the right hand cream



Some of you may or may not know that I am a student nurse - which is thoroughly rewarding but does result in my hands being constantly dry and cracked from repeatedly washing my hands and using sanitising gel. 

Since I started my training I have been looking for the best hand cream to re-hydrate my hands without leaving them feeling sticky or greasy.
Here are my top five with number one being my top choice. 

5. Lush 'Charity pot' hand and body cream - this cream is light and smooth on the skin and does not leave your skin feeling oily, the only downfall is the smell - it's just to perfume-y for me. I find my self constantly wondering what the smell is when I forget I have applied it - not good.

4. L'Occitane lavender hand cream - it smells amazing, and the consistency is again light and smooth. The only trouble is, I find I have to re-apply this cream more often than any of the others. When I'm busy and on the go I want a hand cream with more staying power. 

3. Body Shop 'Honeymania' hand cream - this is one of those steal buys you can't help to love. It's smooth, light and smells pretty darn good. 

2. Soap and Glory hand food - this cream certainly differs from the rest as it has a much thicker consistency. This cream is perfect hand cream to apply first thing in the morning and last thing at night - anything in between and I feel as though I have a layer of film on my hands. It takes longer to dry than any of the others however when I apply this cream I love the smell, and the overall quality. It leaves my hands feeling pampered and silky soft.

1. No7 'Protect and Perfect' day cream -  this is my ultimate go-to hand cream - I love it. No oily feel, no film like feel, no waiting for the cream to dry for ages before I touch anything in my vicinity. It has that lovely No7 smell - you all know it! Did I mention that I love this hand cream? 

What's your favourite go-to hand cream? 

Lindsey xx


3 comments:

  1. L'Occitane is my favourite one! Great post! :)

    Nikoleta, xoxo.

    http://nljuljduraj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love charity pot, and that they donate all their funds!

    Eva // http://evasstudio.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete